Monday 1 June 2009

EAHIL We Go


Oooooh, excuse the pun, a bit on the cringe-worthy side I know but I just could not resist it. So it's off to the Emerald Isle for EAHIL 2009 at Dublin Castle for myself and Andrew Booth to give a presentation titled ‘Supporting the Health Researcher of the Future’ later this week.

In essence, we will be focussing on the use of Web2.0, in particular Web Portals such as Netvibes and our very own ScHARR Library Portal. Details of the paper and presentation should follow in a later post on this blog.

It’s going to be case of ferries, planes and automobiles as Andrew hits the airport and I drag my family across to Holyhead and then cross the Irish Sea by their swift hovercraft, although I’m not sure whether two hours constitutes as being swift.

Our plenary presentation takes place on Friday morning in the main hall of Dublin Castle and after attending the final afternoon of the conference we will be heading down country to Wicklow for a week or so of rest and rehabilitation. It’s a shame that I’m tee-total as I gather the Guinness Factory Tour is pretty good, maybe my wife can go for me.


Photo by Jim Linwood

Posted by Andy

No comments: